After CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week concludes on Friday evening, a Rally to Kawau will start at 10am on Saturday morning, departing from the Opua Cruising Club.
The rally will be a casual “cruise in company” (with some friendly rivalry, if desired), to Bon Accord Harbour, Kawau Island.
A prizegiving breakfast will be held at Kawau Boating Club on Sunday morning.
Following the Kawau Rally, you’ll be well situated to join the Kawau to Westhaven Passage Race, part of the Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta on Monday morning.
Entry to the Kawau Rally is free if you’ve already entered either CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week or the Ports of Auckland Anniversary Regatta.
Kawau Rally – what you need to know:
- Entry is easy and free – just register on the CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week entry form.
- It won’t be a serious or formal race, but there will be some prizes awarded on Sunday morning.
- Rally starts at 10am from Opua Cruising Club on Saturday morning.
- Rally concludes with a Boaties’ Breakfast at Kawau Boating Club on Sunday morning.
- Anchoring is plentiful in Bon Accord Harbour, and there’s a dinghy wharf at the Kawau Boating Club.
- Kawau to Westhaven Passage Race starts at 10am on Monday morning – enter at www.regatta.org.nz or call 0800 REGATTA.