Regatta Race Courses
Racing will be held in three separate race areas.
- Outer Course for A and B divisions (Windward / Leeward and Bay Races)
- Middle Course for C, E, Sports Boat, Weta Class, & Sports Boats divisions (Windward / Leeward and Bay Races)
- Island Racing A, B, C and D divisions, all of which will sail one Bay Race a day. The start line is likely to be set to provide as close to a windward start as possible.
Regatta HQ will be located in Opua, with the North Sails & Explore Marquee situated next to the Opua Cruising Club.
The bar will be open in the North Sails & Explore Marquee each evening from Wednesday 22 to Friday 24 January, 2020.
Food will be available in the Opua Cruising Club.
Explore Beach Party at Otehei Bay
The Explore Beach Party will be happening on Thursday evening, 23 January 2020, at Otehei Bay, with a ferry out to Urupukapuka Island departing Opua after racing concludes for the day, with pick-ups at Paihia and Russell along the way, returning later in the evening.
Details and booking link for Explore Beach Party ferry to be confirmed.
A wide range of marine facilities are available at Opua. These include:
- Haulout facilities – Bay of Islands Boatyard
- Sails & rigging – North Sails Bay of Islands
- Marine engineers & electricians
- Boat & outboard sales & repairs
- Marine chandleries
Berths and Moorings
The Bay of Islands Marina has completed a signficiant expansion and now offers more berths. However early booking is still advised for both the marina and moorings.
Opua Marina office +64 9 402 7124 or email@example.com
Breakfasts and Lunches
Breakfasts can be purchased at the Marina Cafe, open from 7.30am, or Opua Store, open from 7am, each morning.
Lunches are available from the Opua Store. Phone 09 402 7575 or use the order form (TBC).
The Bay of Islands offers a fantastic range of places to stay. Check out the options at www.northlandnz.com