Keep the momentum going after CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week, by joining in a fun and friendly Rally to Kawau on Saturday morning, followed by the Kawau to Westhaven Passage Race on Monday – part of the iconic Ports of Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta.
After CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week concludes on Friday evening, the Rally to Kawau will start at 10am on Saturday morning, departing from the Opua Cruising Club.
Cruise in company – and friendly rivalry – down to Bon Accord Harbour, where a scrumptious Boaties’ Breakfast and some fun prizes will be there greet you at the Kawau Boating Club on Sunday morning.
Then on Monday morning, you’re in prime position to join the Kawau to Westhaven Passage Race, and be part of New Zealand’s oldest regatta, and one of the world’s biggest single day sailing events. Entry to the Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta costs just $30, and there are some incredible prizes to be won.
So why stop once Bay Week is over? Enjoy a whole week of sailing by joining the Rally to Kawau and Kawau to Westhaven Passage Race too.
Entry to the Rally to Kawau is free if you’ve already entered either CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week or the Ports of Auckland Anniversary Regatta, so if you’re already heading back down to Auckland, you’d be crazy not to join!
Rally To Kawau – what you need to know:
- Entry is easy and free – just register your interest on the CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week entry form.
- It won’t be a serious or formal race, but there will be some prizes awarded on Sunday morning.
- Rally starts at 10am from Opua Cruising Club on Saturday morning.
- Rally concludes with a Boaties’ Breakfast at Kawau Boating Club on Sunday morning.
- Anchoring is plentiful in Bon Accord Harbour, and there’s a dinghy wharf at the Kawau Boating Club.
- Kawau to Westhaven Passage Race starts at 10am on Monday morning – enter at www.regatta.org.nz or call 0800 REGATTA.