The days are counting down, and our entry numbers keep ticking up! We are stoked to say we just hit 137 entries – that’s exactly 100 more than our first ever BOISW regatta in 2003. Thanks to all our entrants for your amazing support over the last 18 years!
We’re already preparing for our biggest Bay Week ever – but there’s always room for more, so if you haven’t already done so, you can still ENTER NOW!
Please help us run a Clean Regatta in 2020
This year we’re committed to cleaning up our act and doing everything we can to minimise our impact on the environment, particularly the ocean and shorelines that we all love and depend on for our sport. You can help us by doing the following at BOISW 2020:
- Minimise on-board waste by taking reusable food containers and bottles with you.
- Refill your water bottles for FREE at our water refilling stations at Regatta HQ in Opua.
- Separate recyclables, compostables and general waste. This year we will have recycling stations at Regatta HQ so please make sure your bottles, cans, plastics and food waste go into the appropriate bins!
- Don’t discharge any waste into the ocean. Use the free pump out facilities at Opua fuel dock, retain all rubbish until you return to shore, and keep absorbent oil spill pads handy when refuelling.
You can learn more about what we’re doing to run a Clean Regatta here >>
BOISW 2020 – Essential Information
Where to find us
The North Sails & Explore Marquee will be outside the Opua Cruising Club, at the bottom of Franklin Street in Opua – same as last year. Join us for food, drinks and entertainment each evening.
Food & drink
Meals and snacks served inside the Opua Cruising Club. Dine in the club or bring your plate outside to the marquee.
No cash bar – please purchase tickets which can be used for both drinks and food. $6 a ticket. Purchase at the Eftpos kiosk. Stock up early and avoid the queues.
2020 Regatta Schedule
Tue 21 Jan – Registration
Register at the North Sails & Explore Marquee from 4pm-6pm. Collect your Sailing Instructions and division flag there.
LATE ENTRIES will be accepted right up until the end of Registration, if you haven’t already entered.
Wed 22 to Fri 24 Jan – Race Days
- WEATHER by North Sails available each morning. Get the BOISW App for updates.
- RACING starts at 10.30am and finishes around 4pm each day.
- DRINKS served in the North Sails & Explore Marquee from 4pm.
- DINNER served in the Opua Cruising Club from 4pm.
Wed 22 Jan – Sea Cleaners
Join us inside Opua Cruising Club from 5.00pm for a presentation by Sea Cleaners – the volunteer organisation cleaning up our shorelines and removing tonnes of rubbish from the sea each year.
Thu 23 Jan – Beach Party
It’s the night you’ve all been waiting for! The Bay of Islands Sailing Week Beach Party with live music from the Legacy Band. Ferry tickets are selling fast and some departures are already booked out. Get yours now.
Fri 24 Jan – Prizegiving
Prizegiving is scheduled to take place from around 7:00pm on Friday – but please bear with us as start time is dependent on processing of all results. We’ll get things rolling as quickly as we can!