It’s here! Bay of Islands Sailing Week starts tomorrow, and with the last-minute rush, we thought you might appreciate this handy Survival Guide to help you make the most of the week…
‘To Do’ List:
Tuesday 24 Jan:
- REGISTRATION takes place at the North Sails/Southern Spars Marquee from 4pm ’til 6pm. You can collect your Sailing Instructions and division flag there.
- LATE ENTRIES will be accepted right up until the end of Registration, if you haven’t already entered.
- BAR TICKETS can be purchased at Registration too – stock up early and avoid the queues – tickets are $6 each and can be used to purchase both drinks and food.
Wednesday 25 – Friday 27 Jan:
- BREAKFAST will be served in the North Sails/Southern Spars Marquee from 7am.
- WEATHER report from Mike Quilter will be available each morning.
- RACING starts at 10.30am and finishes around 4pm.
- DINNER & DRINKS served in the North Sails/Southern Spars Marquee from 4pm.
- ENTERTAINMENT from JPG The Band from 6pm.
- WATER TAXI available morning & evening for free shore transport – call the ASB RIB on VHF ch77.
Wednesday 25 Jan:
- BEST DRESSED CREW will be judged on the water on Wednesday, so dress to impress! Prize awarded on Wednesday evening.
- NZL YACHTING TRUST ‘Shout The Bar’ at 6pm and will be saying a few words about the Trust and what they do.
Thursday 26 Jan:
- FREE SNACKS thanks to North Sails & Southern Spars in the Marquee – served from 6pm.
Friday 27 Jan:
- PRIZEGIVING in the North Sails/Southern Spars Marquee from 7.30pm.
There will be some additional free parking available thanks to Opua School and Opua Hall. We still advise car pooling where possible though!
You can still pre-order packed lunches from Opua Store if you’re quick – download the Lunch Order Form now.