Happy New Year! The countdown is on to CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week 2019, with just two weeks to go until NZ’s biggest and best keelboat regatta kicks off on 22nd January.
We’ve already got a ton of entries – literally! With 101 boats entered so far, our entry list is practically bursting at the seams this year. Compare this with 87 boats at this time last year, and you can believe us when we say – yet again – that we’re expecting record numbers for this year’s regatta.
Keen-eyed Bay of Islands locals will already have seen some exciting new entries out enjoying the spectacular weather we’ve been having here lately – like the Rapido 60 Romanza. We look forward to seeing what this towering trimaran can do!
With our entry list growing every year, we think it’s a testament to our volunteer organising committee and the armada of volunteers who generously lend their time and energy to make this event happen. We’re proud to say that we have always been – and continue to be – a regatta by sailors, for sailors.
Will you be joining us? You can still enter right up to Registration on Tuesday 22 January. But the sooner you enter the easier it is for our team of volunteers to plan a fun and successful regatta for everyone, so please enter online now.
It’s a busy time of year, so here are a few brief (but important) regatta reminders…
- Check your regatta requirements are in order– if you need IRC or PHRF certificates endorsed, or a bottom scrub before you arrive, best get onto it quick!
- Want official regatta clothing?You can order it in advance to make sure you get the styles, sizes and custom embroidery you want.
- Coming to the Beach Party on Thursday 24 January?Best book your ferry ticketsin advance as spaces are limited – and trust us – you won’t want to miss this!
- Looking for a boat or crew? Check out the crew wanted and available pages, or visit the MySail app.
- Room for a small one? We’re doing our best to place keen youth sailors on keelboats for the regatta, so if you’ve got room for one more, contact Nick Webleyor call 021 262 8599
- Pre-book your packed lunches to ensure your crew don’t go hungry! We’ve got two options this year – download the Opua Store lunch order form or the new Marina Cafe lunch order form
We’re here to help if you need anything – feel free to call or email the BOISW Committee with any questions.
Please support our generous sponsors, without whom we wouldn’t be able to bring you this event.
Mount Gay Rum – the sailor’s favourite
The favourite of sailors around the globe – Mount Gay Rum is the product of over 300 years of knowledge, experience and refinement applied to the process of making rum. The Mount Gay Rum Bar will once again be back in action at BOISW 2019, in the North Sails & Explore Marquee.
Charlie Brendon-Cook – Luxury Real Estate
As an avid yachtsman, Charlie is proud to support CRC Bay of Islands Sailing Week. Charlie is the Coastal and Waterfront Specialist for Luxury Real Estate New Zealand, known for delivering first-class results with a personable approach. When it comes to the finest selection of property in the Bay of Islands, Charlie is the one to know.
Luxury Real Estate Limited (Licensed REAA 2008)
KZ Marine – Made in NZ, used internationally
KZ Marine Group is the world’s leading marine hardware supplier – a proudly New Zealand based company with a global focus. KZ Marine is an industry leader in specialist rigging systems, in-boom furling mainsail designs, innovative free flying furlers and custom hardware. We have a reputation for delivering on expectation, with honesty, and integrity.